Lenoir, NC -- A vent in a clothes dryer is to blame for a fire that destroyed a 100-year-old home Saturday, authorities say.
The couple and two children living in the home were not injured.
Caldwell County Fire Marshal said the family left a load of laundry in the dryer and left their home. A neighbor noticed the house on fire and called 911.
The house was fully engulfed in flames by the time the family and fire department made it to the house.
Several firefighters took shifts putting out house fire.