Greensboro, NC -- Firefighters say a house fire on W. Wendover Ave. started after someone making french fries left them frying in the kitchen.
The fire department received a call around 4:20 p.m. about the house fire, but it had been reduced to smoke by the time crews made it to the scene.
No one was injured in the fire, but a cat was taken to a veterinarian for smoke inhalation treatment--it's doing OK.
Police shut down all eastbound lanes of Wendover between Hill St. and Latham Rd. this afternoon while the fire department took care of the house.
The road has been reopened.