(Winston-Salem, NC) -- The Charlotte Division of the FBI is seeking assistance to identify a serial bank robber who is now believed to be responsible for robbing seven banks including one in Winston-Salem.
The most recent robbery happened in Bloomington, Illinois.
The unknown male enters the bank, approaches the teller and has been known to present a demand note. The suspect has also been known to carry a black zippered portfolio.
He is described as a white male, 5'6" - 6'2", thin build, 55-60 years old, gray hair, mustache, and wearing glasses, blue jeans and a blue polo or blue t-shirt. In Winston-Salem and in Bloomington, the suspect was seen in a black Chevy Captiva SUV with a silver rack on top.
The unknown male has allegedly robbed the following banks:
- 06/21/12: Chase Bank, 5250 Wadsworth Blvd., Arvada, CO.
- 06/27/12: Chase Bank, 1484 S. Milton Road, Flagstaff, AZ.
- 07/06/12: Pocatello Ireland Bank, 486 Yellowstone Ave., Pocatello, ID.
- 07/06/12: Wells Fargo Bank, 5603 S. 1900 West, Roy, UT.
- 07/20/12: Bank of America, 1209 Silas Creek Parkway, Winston-Salem, NC.
- 8/03/12: BB&T, 2120 Gunbarrel Road, Chattanooga, TN.
- 08/17/12: PNC Bank, 2217 W. Market Street, Bloomington, IL.
If you have any information about these robberies, call the Charlotte Division of the FBI at 704-672-6100 or Winston-Salem Crimestoppers at 336-727-2800.
The FBI is investigating these crimes in partnership with the Winston-Salem Police Department, the Chattanooga Police Department, Chattanooga, Tennessee; the Arvada Police Department, Arvada, Colorado; the Flagstaff Police Department, Flagstaff, Arizona; the Roy City Police Department, Roy, Utah; and the Pocatello Police Department, Pocatello, Idaho.