(Elkin) -- WFMY has learned that two children were found dead by emergency repsonders this morning in Elkin. The cause of death is carbon monoxide poisoning. The children are reportedly an 8 year old girl and 7 year old boy.
The children were found in their bedrooms inside their home on Elk Spur Street. The mother was found in the hall way unresponsive and was resuscitated and taken to Duke Hospital.
Responders found a generator running in the kitchen that had been running since 11pm last night.
Two friends had helped the family move into a new house recently.