Greensboro -- Less than three weeks to Christmas and there is probably still a lot of shopping ahead. Whether you buy in the store, or online, you will probably come across an online review. Can you trust those reviews?
President and CEO of the Better Business Bureau of Winston-Salem, David Dalrymple said the reviews are not reliable because there is no validation process on places like Yelp, Google, or Trip Advisor.
Dalrymple gives this advice to consumers:
- Check a variety of reviews
- Understand the product, or business before you read the reviews
- Look at the actual product in the store
- Do research and learn more than the salesperson
- Engage experts to learn more about the product
WFMY News 2
Read: Man Charged In Winston-Salem Bus Accident
Watch: Hunters Find 2 Bodies Believed To Be Missing Iowa Cousins
Read: Penn State Chi Omega Chapter Apologizes For Racist Sorority Photo
Read: Sources Report On McAfee Heart Attack
Gallery: 2012 Greensboro Jaycees Holiday Parade
Read: NFL Rule Change: No More Kickoffs?
Watch: Sick Girl In Mexico For Treatment, Father Says She Is Safe
7 Day Forecast