Columbia, SC-- Having smoke alarm is no doubt the best way to be alerted to a possible fire. A South Carolina family has live alarm to thank for getting them out of their burning home.
Friday, Fire officials said a Chihuahua possibly saves three lives in an early morning house fire.
By the time the fire department responded to 4724 Bethel Church Road at 2:30am, the house and garage were fully engulfed in flames.
Luckily for the three occupants, a chihuahua barking madly apparently woke one person. She says that once the barking woke her, she discovered a door in the house was hot to the touch, so she then got everyone out.
The house, garage, and one vehicle inside the garage were all destroyed.
The fire is currently being investigated by the Richland County Fire Marshall's office.