STONEVILLE, N.C. -- Test results show a Stoneville woman's dog was poisoned with antifreeze and the Rockingham County Sheriff's Office said other neighborhood pets might have been poisoned as well.
The death of the woman's dog was reported to the Rockingham County Sheriff's Office on August 16 from the 100 block of Megan Forest Drive. She told detectives her 6-year-old dog became ill and was vomiting food that she did not feed it.
The sheriff's office said there were two other pets in the neighborhood that recently died suspicious deaths. No tests were done on those animals to confirm how they died.
Anyone with information about this case other potential cases in this neighborhood is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (336) 349-9683.